| Norbert Hosnyánszky and Péter Biros Photo: Eszter Gulácsi/Mindless |
This was a very long weekend with six waterpolo matches! Six matches in three days, it should have been seven but I wasn't able to wake up in time on the last day (sunday) and I missed the early match :(((( So sorry!
I was waiting this weekend for weeks, slept just a few hours during it and not it will be strange without it..... :)
Maybe I waited it that much because this is the first summer when I don't go to an international event ( :((((((( )to be sooo busy as I get used to it. I needed to use this opportunity. :)
| Jenson Button whistles Gergely Kiss shooting Photo: Eszter Gulácsi |
The waterpolo weekend has started on thursday with a training which Jenson Button, the world champion Formula One driver visited as well. I know more of you would kill me if I would tell that I had to make a google (picture) search to be sure who I should recognize. There were lots of unknown journalists who arrived just for Jenson Button, it was strange a little bit 'cause for me he was just the cherry on the cake, not the main thing. :) The boys (waterpolo players) laughed on me when I told them the google search and they said Button is smaller than me. They were wrong! :)
When the fastest (in the swimming pool) driver arrived the team was playing against each other, during that Dénes Kemény and Jenson Button were speaking a lot than Dénes showed to Jenson how should he whistle... Fortunatelly the boys don't really need it to do their job correctly. :D
| The hungarian waterpolo national team with Jenson Button in the middle, 2011 Photo: Eszter Gulácsi/Mindless |
| Jenson Button and Dénes Kemény on press conference, 2011 Photo: Eszter Gulácsi/Mindless |
After the training we made some team photos with Button in the middle, he received some gifts and than the press conference started.
Next day the waterpolo Vodafone Cup started! :) Most of us already missing the ancestor, the Unicum Cup. It was special, 'cause Vodafone is the main sponsor of the federation. Unicum has the summer and we loved it. Of course we are glad and thankful that Vodafone took the relay race after the Zwack company wasn't able to sponsor the cup...
The Hajós Swimming pool is the apse of waterpolo. :) Everyone who was there at least once, on a match would agree with me. The foreign teams like to play there because there are a respectful audience who doesn't care that not the hungarian team plays and clap their hands after the goals or just a nice movement.
| Julian Real (GER) and Ádám Steinmetz (HUN) on Vodafone Cup match, 2011 Photo: Eszter Gulácsi/Mindless |
This year the Greek, Russian and German team played next to the hungarian. We all hope that they enjoyed it as much as we did. Last year (if I remember well) Serbia took the cup and our team still just tries to find their way to step forward. This isn't the same with the BIG team but they are working hard and on the matches there were more than once when I was able to see that sparkle, that harmony that I get used to. :)
You can check out the photo galleries here: http://j.mp/jHqrJE
| Ioannis Fountoulis (GRE) and Sergey Lisunov (RUS) on Vodafone Cup match, 2011 Photo: Eszter Gulácsi/Mindless |
It is always nice when I arrive and the pool is almost empty. The spectators, the supporters arrives slowly, enjoy the first match, fill in for the second where the champions arrive. There are drummers from Orosháza every year and they give a big plus to the event.
After the matches an enormous crowd flows out from the island, speak about the matches, their favourite players and the best moments. :) I have to mention that this was the first year when the police helped in! They were waiting for the crowd on the bridge held back the cars so we could roll on faster. It was really comfortable, thanks!
It is still like a great celebration of waterpolo! :) I hope it will be for years!
| Rita Keszthelyi (HUN) and Claudia Kern (GER) on European Championship's qualification match, 2011 Photo: Eszter Gulácsi/Mindless |
As I wrote at the beginning I missed one of the matches from the six Vodafone cup match and that I shoot on six match. That's because I was on a woman match too, on saturday. It was organized in the smaller pool, the qualification match for the waterpolo European Championship. The hungarian women national team played against Germany.
---
Nincsenek megjegyzések:
Megjegyzés küldése